Three makeup products that are necessary: foundation, bronzer and mascara, (and for me, also false lash strips lol).
I have pretty much tried every mascara on the planet. I have rounded up my top 5 favorites for you guys to try.
- L’oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise (here $9.99) THIS One is an AMAZING DUPE of the Too Faced Better Than Sex. In fact I think I like it more because the tube last longer, and the longevity of the wear is also longer. Additional pros-thickening and separating. Cons-none that I can think of right now. LOL
- Too Faced, Better Than Sex (here $24, or travel size for $12) I love this one the most because it is the only one that thickens without creating a big clumpy mess. The wand is thick and bushy (odd word to use but it works lol) so it also keeps the lashes fairly separate. My trick is to continually buy the travel size, its half the price and I avoid any product drying out before I am able to use it all up.
- Covergirl, The Super Sizer (here $6.99) This one is simple, it lengthens and separates without adding a lot of bull shit and issues. ALSO it is great for contacts! Only thing I will say about this one, it does nothing for thickening.
- L’oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Volume Building Mascara (here $7.99). This one does a little bit of both, lengthens and thickens. I like the smoothness of this one, but sometimes it doesn’t dry quick enough for me. I cannot stand it with mascara transfers onto my eyelids and what not.
- Benefit Cosmetics Super Curling Savings Mascara Duo Set (here $24) I love this one because it does actually curl your lashes. Additional Pros-lengthens and separates. Cons-hard to get off.
Additional tips- Never use your setting spray after applying your mascara or false last strips. The product can become wet and transfer or lose its own characteristics. SO SPRAY FIRST then apply the mascara or lashes.
Also a makeup eraser has been a life saver for quickly and gently removing mascara and all makeup! (here $12)